Barbara Parker (バーバラ・パーカー Bābara Pākā ) is a character in Little Witch Academia, who is a student of the Luna Nova Magical Academy. She often accompanies Diana Cavendish and act as her loyal friend and assistant, along with Hannah.
Barbara is a girl of average stature. She has completely straight and waist-length black hair, with teal eyes. Her eyelashes are highlighted in the lower part of her eyes and her eyebrows are a bit as thick as Hannah's.
Her Luna Nova Academy standard uniform consists in a dark blue skirt and jacket with buttons in the center of the same color, a white shirt and tie underneath, along with a normal blue belt. She wears long socks of the same color as the jacket, and dark brown shoes.
In her prototype design, Barbara had dark brown hair instead of black.
Barbara is shown to be a very mocking girl, especially towards Akko and her friends, due to her incompetence with magic and her academic level in the school, in addition to being a friend of Diana, who also does not have a good relationship with her. As a result of their attitude, in "Don't Stop Me Now", she and Hannah help Akko negatively in the broom race by transforming theirs into shoddy carts to participate, since Akko could not fly with hers.
Even when showing these bad qualities, she and Hannah has shown too much fear to the monsters or dangerous places to which Diana takes them, who thinks that they should give fear in fact and not the other way around.
Also, like Lotte, she is a fan of the Night Fall novels, although she's afraid of admitting it, as Hannah dislikes them.
Abilities and Equipment
Akko mentions in The Enchanted Parade that Barbara is skilled in flame magic. In the TV series episode "Don't Stop Me Now", Barbara uses a spell that transforms Akko's broom into a scooter, mocking her inability to fly
- "Barbara" is derived from Greek βαρβαρος (barbaros) meaning "foreign".
- "Parker" is a surname of English origin, derived from Old French with the meaning "keeper of the park". "Parker" was also a nickname given to gamekeepers in medieval England. It is the 48th-most common surname in England. Within the United States, it is ranked as the 47th-most common surname.
- Barbara's name, along with Hannah, is most likely a reference to William Hanna and Joseph Barbera of Hanna-Barbera fame (a very well-known American animation studio).
- Barbara's Latin American voice actress has the same given name as her character. Similarly, both Hannah and her Brazilian voice actress have the same given name.
- Barbara, Hannah and Jasminka share their voice actresses with one of the guests in the Samhain Festival: Hannah and Dorlin are voiced by Eri Nakao, both Barbara and Ural are voiced by Chinatsu Akasaki, and both Jasminka and Marjolaine are voiced by Reina Ueda.
- Barbara also shares her voice actress with Ursula in the English dub, Alexis Nichols.
- For more images related to Barbara Parker, see the file category: Category:Images of Barbara Parker.