On Netflix, the episode is titled "Bee Affection".
Akko and her friends invite themselves to Andrew's party, where Sucy releases a magical bee whose sting ignites a deep infatuation in its victims.
Hearing about a party at Andrew's mansion that Diana is attending, Akko the others don magical Cinderella dresses and sneak into the party. Just an Andrew notices them and prepares to send them out, Sucy sets loose a Cupid Bee that causes whoever it stings to fall in love with the first person they see. While searching for the bee in order to stop the spell, Akko overhears a conversation between Andrew and his father, who wants him to quit piano and chase out witches. After receiving encouragement to keep chasing his dreams from Akko, Andrew uses his piano playing to distract the other guests so that Akko can finally swat the bee, undoing its magic.
Order of appearances
- A running gag in the episode is whenever a person is stung by a Cupid Bee and they see their crush, the scene shifts to their POV where in their eyes, their crush's appearance is drawn in the style akin to an archetypal Shoujo manga.
- Another running gag is Akko’s horrified expression whenever someone makes a love confession to her due to Cupid Bee's sting. During that point, her face and clothes dramatically become pale like a ghost, followed by Hannah and Barbara who reacted by fainting.
- Shiny Chariot's leitmotif plays when Akko tells Andrew about her dreams in the garden.
- Diana's dialogues when she is stung by Cupid Bee were modified in the Latin America dub. While other characters openly state their love, she is a unique exception as she says "te quiero" ("I like you" in English) instead of "te amo" ("I love you" in English).
- In Netflix worldwide release, the episode's title name was changed to Bee Affection.
- This episode takes place in September, along with "Sleeping Sucy" and "Blytonbury's Undead Travelogue", as stated in the chronicles book.
- For more images related to Bee Commotion, see the file category: Category:Episode 10.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|