–Ursula, "What You Will"
Most notably, the Big Dipper is the model for the green crystals embedded in the Shiny Rod. Each crystal represents a star in the Big Dipper corresponding with a Word of Arcturus, with seven in total.
Big Dipper Arch
The Big Dipper Arch is the entrance to the Fountain of Polaris, which only appears for a witch with an inner potential and hidden radiance.
- The Big Dipper is seen at the beginning of the first opening intro.
- Chariot flies in from the Big Dipper in her magic show.
- Seen in the sky at the end of "The Fountain of Polaris".
- In "Blue Moon", Ursula gazes out her window at the Big Dipper, thinking about her magic show as Shiny Chariot.
- In "What You Will", Ursula hints that Akko should go to the Fountain of Polaris by mentioning the Big Dipper.
- The Big Dipper is prominent in the sky and is reflected in Akko's eyes at the end of the "Chariot of Fire".
- The Big Dipper is formed when Chariot receives the Shiny Rod during the flashback in "Wagandea", and also when the Shiny Rod returns to the sky in "Tree of Leaves".