Akko Kagari enrolls into Luna Nova Magical Academy, a school for young witches, after being inspired at a young age by a witch named Shiny Chariot, and often spends her days hanging with her classmates, Lotte Yanson and Sucy Manbavaran. However, she has trouble paying attention in class, doesn't know how to ride her broom, and is often looked down upon for admiring Chariot, who many believe gives the wrong impression about witches. One day, as a teacher instructs the class to explore a dungeon and retrieve rare treasures, Akko finds the Shiny Rod that belonged to Chariot. Meanwhile, the top student, Diana Cavendish, inadvertently breaks a seal on a dragon that grows more powerful by absorbing magic. Noticing the Shiny Rod still has power after all these years, the teacher sends Akko and her friends to reach the Sorcerer's Stone, the source of the academy's power before the dragon can devour it and become invincible. Arriving at the stone, the Shiny Rod absorbs some of its power, allowing Akko to fight against the dragon. Put into a desperate situation, Akko hears Chariot's words coming from somewhere, that a believing heart is a magic, and with renewed conviction, she uses the full power of the Shiny Rod to destroy the dragon.
|Atsuko "Akko" Kagari||Megumi Han||Erica Mendez|
|Lotte Yanson||Fumiko Orikasa||Stephanie Sheh|
|Sucy Manbavaran||Michiyo Murase||Rachelle Heger|
|Diana Cavendish||Yōko Hikasa||Laura Post|
|Ursula Callistis||Noriko Hidaka||Alexis Nichols|
|Barbara Parker||Chinatsu Akasaki|
|Hannah England||Eri Nakao||Jennifer Alyx|
|History Teacher||Hisako Kyōda||Eileen Galido|
- "Main Theme"
- "Magic Show"
- "Chariot's Theme"
- "Flying Lesson"
- "At the Dorm"
- "Iron Maiden"
- "Emerging Dragon"
- "Here We Go!"
- The original poster for the movie reveals the original design for the characters, such as Sucy and Lotte.
- There are several scenes that were eventually changed later on in the anime.
- Chariot's performance was much shorter and didn't feature the Magitronic monster from the episode.
- The hat Akko was wearing as a child was purple while in the anime it was colored white and was stylized more like Chariot's witch hat.
- Akko can actually use a broom but can't properly fly as she can't control the broom as opposed to not being able to fly at all in the anime and being forced to rely on others to carry her.
- Diana's personality is somewhat different as she has more pride in her ability and goes forth to call Akko, Lotte and Sucy names as oppose in the anime where she's above mocking them.
- The Shiny Rod was found underground in Luna Nova and not in the Arcturus Forest like in the anime.
- The Shiny Rod actually feeds off of the Sorcerer's Stone as opposed to being able to perform spells right from the start.
- Just like in the anime, Ursula's hair changes back to red whenever she uses a powerful spell, however, the transformation is more flame-like as opposed to being a smooth and instant transformation from blue to red and vice versa.
- Chariot and Ursula are voiced by two different people despite being the same person in the Latin American and Brazilian dubs.
- For more images related to Little Witch Academia (film), see the file category: Category:Little Witch Academia (film).
- Banners & posters