Akko, Lotte and Sucy receive detention for stealing a tart. They're also forbidden to go into town, even though Lotte is dying to go to a book event.
As Akko and the others are given punishments for stealing food during the night, Lotte becomes depressed as it leaves her unable to go to the city to attend the release of the latest volume in her favorite book series, Night Fall. Hearing Lotte's passion for the series and desire to meet the author, Annabel Crème, Akko and Sucy manage to sneak her aboard a food delivery truck into the city. During an event in which Annabel makes her first public appearance, Lotte takes part in a quiz and manages to win Annabel's fountain pen. It is at this point, however, that Annabel, allegedly the twelfth author in the series to use the pen name, declares that Lotte will be the next author to write Night Fall and disappears. Feeling that she would rather support what Annabel does rather than become her, Lotte consults the faerie residing in the fountain pen and soon finds Annabel, who has been doubting her literary abilities due to trolling comments. Reminding Annabel about what she loves about the series, Lotte encourages her to continue writing.
Order of appearances
- The Night Fall book series appears to be a parody of the Twilight book series. The book's main characters Belle, Edgar, and Arthur are parody of Bella, Edward, and Jacob.
- Lotte describes the "thrills" the novel has as she clasps her hands in white gloves and a dark jacket, similarly to Gendo Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- The cosplayer who Lotte makes friends with is dressed up as Elizabeth Tower from the Palace of Westminster which is home to the House of Parliament of the United Kingdom. Most people know the tower by the name of the great bell inside it, Big Ben. Her screen name is Great Ben 8103.
- This episode takes place in June, along with "Luna Nova and the White Dragon" and "The Fountain of Polaris", as stated in the chronicles book.
- Annabel using a walnut as magical teleportation artifact might be a reference to "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" where the protagonist used a time travel device disguised as a walnut.
- The two people sitting behind the girls at the Night Fall quiz don't have glasses but in the next scene, they're wearing glasses.
- For more images related to Night Fall (episode), see the file category: Category:Episode 4.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|