On Netflix, the episode is titled "Changing at the Edge of the World".
Everyone seems powerless to stop the magical missile. But Akko believes otherwise, and her friends the "New Nine Witches" follow her lead.
The girls get word that the remnants of the Noir Rod have taken control of a powerful missile that threatens to destroy the country. Deciding to stop it themselves, Akko and her friends join forces to pursue the missile. After each girl uses their broom's power to push the others higher, Akko and Diana gain more magical power as Ursula manages to spur on spectators to believe in them. Fighting against the missile and its counterattacks, Akko gets knocked off but is rescued by a chance encounter with the Shooting Star. With support from Diana, Akko uses the full power of the Shiny Rod and the Grand Triskellion to destroy the missile and spead magical happiness across the world, after which the Shiny Rod, having fulfilled its duty, disappears. After the incident, Croix decides to dedicate herself to finding a cure for the Wagandea's curse placed on Ursula, while Akko finally manages to fly on her broom.
Order of appearances
- Akko and her friends' mission to stop the Magitronic missile makes a small allusion to the fourth episode "Night Fall" where Lotte mentioned one of the Night Fall stories she read included Belle stopping a nuclear warhead (though with her bare hands instead of magic).
- During the battle against the missile, a part of the missile is transformed into a whale by Akko, which might be a reference to the British book series, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- This episode bears a few similarities to the 24th episode of Kill la Kill (another anime developed in 2013 by Studio Trigger) where the series took its climax in the battle between Ryūko Matoi and Ragyō Kiryūin.
- Ryūko and Ragyō took the final stage of their battle outside of the Earth and into space; while Akko and Diana lured the Noir Rod missile on a wild chase out into the thermosphere.
- Ryūko sorrowfully parts with her Kamui Senketsu, due to the latter sacrificing himself in order to bring Ryūko back to Earth safely; Akko tearfully gives her thanks and farewell to the Shiny Rod as it disintegrates and returns to the Big Dipper constellation soon after reviving Yggdrasil and destroying the missile for good.
- In addition to this, the woman who's the first to cheer on Akko and Diana bears a striking resemblance to Mako Mankanshoku from the aforementioned anime.
- This is the only episode where Constanze provided her dialogue, reacting to Akko's management to fly on her broom.
- This is the only episode in the series without an opening intro.
- However, an extension of the opening of the first cour, Shiny Ray, plays when Akko rescues Diana from her fall using the Shooting Star broom. The song stops playing after Akko and Diana use the power of the Grand Triskellion to save the world.
- The ending theme played in this episode is the first season's ending theme, Hoshi Wo Tadoreba.
- In Netflix worldwide release, the episode's title name was changed to "Changing at the Edge of the World".
- Although most of this episode takes in February, Akko's flight party takes place in April.
- For more images related to Tree of Leaves, see the file category: Category:Episode 25.
- ↑ https://www.netflix.com/title/80156387
- ↑ https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/265265778230689793/354307531914608650/IMG_20170904_124940318.jpg
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|